Coming Soon: Friday - August 21
Posted on 20 August 2020
Available @ 12p ET
Bee Lire Coin Pendant with Multi-Strand Necklace
Bee Lire Coin Pendant with Multi-Strand Necklace - $94
*Please note the piece is an advanced order. Payment will be collected at the time of purchase and the piece will ship the week of October 5. Orders will be accepted until 12:00 PM eastern time on August 24 or while supplies last.
This is a very special lire coin and one of the most sought after that has been created because it is the Bee Lire. On the one side is a picture of the bee, a symbol of determination and hard work, and on the other side is the olive branch and the olive oil, a symbol of agriculture. I love the beautiful frame of this pendant and the triple strand necklace that it comes with. It's such an important look when you wear it because it is a special piece of Italian history. If you always wanted to carry back your own lire coin from Italy and make it into a piece of jewelry, there is nothing more perfect than the bee lire pendant.
- The 2 Lire Bee coin was introduced in 1953, after a few years from the end of the 2nd world war to instill hope to the Italian population.
- On the one side of the coin, there is a bee, symbol for diligence, hard work, and productivity.
- On the other side of the coin, there is an olive branch, symbol of agriculture, that the fifties were growing because of the agricultural reform.
- The coin was minted from 1953 to 1959, then from 1968 to 1980, and again from 1980 to 2001.
- The material of the coin is Aluminum (62%), Magnesium (35%), and Manganese (3%)
- Choice of: Yellow, White, Rose, and Black
- 18K Gold or Rhodium over Sterling Silver
- Three-Strand Necklace measures 18" L
- Lobster Claw Clasp
- Measures 1-1/4" L (including bail) X 1" W
- Made in Italy